Thursday, August 16, 2012

Taymour English School

Yup, I got my host school!!!
Or more appropriately, my host mother sent us a message telling us about the host school and giving us the link. xD
If you want to check it out, the link is "taymourschool.com".

It has two locations, one in the Abees district of Alexandria and one in the Roushdy district; I will be attending the Roushdy branch of the school, since it is closer to Smouha, where my host family's home is located.
It looks like there is a uniform, but, based on the pictures posted on the school's website, it seems to simply consist of wearing jeans and a shirt with black and red stripes, so it doesn't seem so bad.
I've read the site quite a bit already, and it looks like a really awesome place! The "school at a glance" part of the website cites "Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Compassion, and Honesty" as their "five core values."
The campus is complete with a theater, a gymnasium, basketball courts, volleyball courts, tennis tables, libraries, computer rooms, horseback riding and art rooms!
This sounds like a nice place!

It appears that the school is at least mostly in English. And I'm not sure weather I should be relieved about that because it means that my first month or so of school won't be a game of charades, or disappointed because my Arabic might not be as good in the end because of not having to use it in school.
There will be plenty of other places to develop that, of course. (:
One of the things that I think will be very interesting is that Egypt has a different weekend from the United States: Instead of being Saturday and Sunday, their weekend is Friday and Saturday! That stems mainly from the fact that Friday is basically the Muslim Sabbath, where everybody goes to the masjid (mosque).
It feels so cool to know where I will be attending school for this coming year. And so oddly surreal!
My school looks like a wonderful place and I'm very happy to be going there!!
I'm definitely one of the luckiest people I know :D

I'll leave you guys with some pictures of the school...Or things related to it...
A picture I found of the website!
One of the few actual pictures I could find/was able to post. Not sure if it's the Abees or Roushdy branch of Taymour.

The logo of the school
That's it for now.
I'll be back soon enough!!!
Ma as-salama!

No comments:

Post a Comment